Management of Mesiodens and ectopically Erupted Central Incisor
Mebin George Mathew
Ectopic eruption,Mesiodens,Orthodontic treatment,Supplemental
Citation Information :
Mathew MG. Management of Mesiodens and ectopically Erupted Central Incisor. CODS J Dent 2016; 8 (1):49-53.
CC BY-NC-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Nagaveni NB, Poornima P, Valsan A, Mathew MG. Management of Mesiodens and ectopically Erupted Central Incisor. CODS J Dent 2016;8(1):49-53.
- Reference manual: Guideline management of the developing dentition and occlusion in pediatric dentistry. Pediatr Dent 2009/2010;31(6):196-208.
- M. Orthodontics principles and practice W.B. Saunders company. Philadelphia 3rd edition 1992 p. 677.
- Eruption of supernumerary permanent teeth in a sample of urban primary school population in Genoa, Italy. Eur J Paediatr Dent 2006;7:89-92.
- Survey of mesiodens and its characteristics in 2500 children of Davangere city, India. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2010;11(4):185-188.
- Prevalence of mesiodens among six- to seventeen-year-old school going children of Indore. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 2011;29:288-293.
- Anterior supernumerary teeth assessment and surgical intervention in children. Pediatr Dent 1981;3:204-15.
- Supernumerary teeth: Review of the literature and a survey of 152 cases. Int J Paediatr Dent 2002;12:244-254.
- Orthodontic treatment of patient with multiple supernumerary teeth and mental retardation. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 1999;23:195–200.
- Multi-lobed mesiodens with a palatal talon cusp: a rare case report. Braz Dent J. 2010;21(4):375-378.
- Mesiodens: Diagnosis and Management of supernumerary (Mesiodens): a review of literature. J Dent Tehran Univ Med Sci 2010;7:41-49
- Mesiodens as a risk factor in treatment of trauma cases. Dent Traumatol 2009;25:25-31.
- Permanent mandibular incisor with multiple anomalies-report of a rare clinical case. Braz Dent J. 2011;22(4):346-350.
- Surgical management of palatal placed, inverted, dilacerated and impacted mesiodens. Int J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2009 ;2(1):30-32
- Orthodontic, genetic, and periodontal considerations in the treatment of impacted maxillary central incisors: a study of twins. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2000; 117(1): 68–74.
- The midline diastema: a review of its etiology andtreatment. Pediatr Dent. 1995;17(3):171-179.
- Retrospective analysis of factors influencing the eruption of delayed permanent incisors after supernumerary tooth removal. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2005;6(2):84-89.
- Orthodontic management of midline diastema in mixed dentition. Int J Clin Pediatr Dent 2011;4(1):59-63.
- Clinical management of supernumerary teeth: a report of two cases. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2010;28(3):219-222.
- The multidisciplinary management of Median Diastema. Bangladesh J Med Sci. 2010;9(4):234-237.
- Management of Impacted Maxillary Central Incisor by Sequential Appliance Therapy-A Clinical Case Report. Int J Dent Oral Health. 2015;1(1). doi http://dx.doi.org/10.16966/2378- 7090.118
- Mesiodens--diagnosis and management of a common supernumerary tooth. J Can Dent Assoc. 2003;69(6):362-366.
- The diastema, the frenum, the frenectomy: a clinical study. Am J Orthod 1977;71(5):489-507.
- A survey of 460 supernumerary teeth in Brazilian children and adolescents. Int J Paediatr Dent 2008;18:98-106.
- An unusual presentation of mesiodens tooth with talon cusp-report of four cases and literature review. Journal of Research and Practice in Dentistry. 2014. DOI: 10.5171/2013.183691.