An overview of occupational hazards in dental practice and preventive measures
Naveen Shamnur, D.S Poorya Naik, S Chetan, B.R Gopal Krishna.
Citation Information :
Shamnur N, Poorya Naik D, Chetan S, Gopal Krishna. B. An overview of occupational hazards in dental practice and preventive measures. CODS J Dent 2014; 6 (1):19-25.
CC BY-NC-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2014; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Poorya Naik DS, Chetan S, Gopal Krishna BR, Naveen S. An overview of occupational hazards in dental practice and preventive measures. CODS J Dent 2014;6;19-25
- Weiner E.S.C. Oxford English dictionary book, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1989
- Melanopsin-containing retinal ganglion cells, architecture, projections, and intrinsic photosensitivity. Science 2002;295:1065-70.
- Circadian rhythms: Circadian photoreception. Science 2003;299:213-14.
- Rhodopsin-mediated blue-light damage to the rat retina: effect of photo reversal of bleaching. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci; 2001 42: 497-505.
- Potential retinal hazards of visible-light photopolymerization units. J Dent Res; 1987;66:731-36.
- , McCabe JF, Hirano S. Comparison of halogen, plasma and LED curing units. Oper Dent 2004;29:287-94.
- Clinical ophthalmology-a systematic approach. Butterworth, London. 1989:38
- Department of Labor occupational noise exposure. 1983; CFR29:1910-95. Available at: http://www.OSHA.gov .
- High-frequency noise in dentistry. AIHA J, 2002;63:231-233.
- EA. Self-reported percutaneous injuries in dentists. J Am Dent Assoc 1992;123:37-44.
- Allergic and irritant reactions to rubber gloves in medical health services; J Am Acad Dermatol, 1991;25:831-39.
- S, Goossens. A. Occupational contact allergy to methacrylates Contact Dermatitis 2001;44:153-59.
- C. Study of the potential cytotoxicity of dental impression materials. Toxicol In Vitro 2003;17:657-62.
- Glutaraldehyde-induced and formaldehyde-induced allergic contact dermatitis among dental hygienists and dental assistants. J Am Dent Assoc 2003;134:1072-78.
- al. Cross-contamination potential with dental equipment. Lancet 1992;340:1252-54.
- Cross-infection risks associated with current procedures for using high-speed dental handpieces. J Clin Microbiol 1992;30:401-06.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms of dentists assessed by a multidisciplinary approach. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1991;19:38-44.