An overview of occupational hazards in dental practice and preventive measures
Naveen Shamnur, D.S Poorya Naik, S Chetan, B.R Gopal Krishna.
Citation Information :
Shamnur N, Poorya Naik D, Chetan S, Gopal Krishna. B. An overview of occupational hazards in dental practice and preventive measures. CODS J Dent 2014; 6 (1):19-25.
CC BY-NC-ND 3.0
Copyright © 2014; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Poorya Naik DS, Chetan S, Gopal Krishna BR, Naveen S. An overview of occupational hazards in dental practice and preventive measures. CODS J Dent 2014;6;19-25
- Weiner E.S.C. Oxford English dictionary book, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1989
- Melanopsin-containing retinal ganglion cells, architecture, projections, and intrinsic photosensitivity. Science 2002;295:1065-70.
- Circadian rhythms: Circadian photoreception. Science 2003;299:213-14.
- Rhodopsin-mediated blue-light damage to the rat retina: effect of photo reversal of bleaching. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci; 2001 42: 497-505.
- Potential retinal hazards of visible-light photopolymerization units. J Dent Res; 1987;66:731-36.
- , McCabe JF, Hirano S. Comparison of halogen, plasma and LED curing units. Oper Dent 2004;29:287-94.
- Clinical ophthalmology-a systematic approach. Butterworth, London. 1989:38
- Department of Labor occupational noise exposure. 1983; CFR29:1910-95. Available at: http://www.OSHA.gov .
- High-frequency noise in dentistry. AIHA J, 2002;63:231-233.
- EA. Self-reported percutaneous injuries in dentists. J Am Dent Assoc 1992;123:37-44.
- Allergic and irritant reactions to rubber gloves in medical health services; J Am Acad Dermatol, 1991;25:831-39.
- S, Goossens. A. Occupational contact allergy to methacrylates Contact Dermatitis 2001;44:153-59.
- C. Study of the potential cytotoxicity of dental impression materials. Toxicol In Vitro 2003;17:657-62.
- Glutaraldehyde-induced and formaldehyde-induced allergic contact dermatitis among dental hygienists and dental assistants. J Am Dent Assoc 2003;134:1072-78.
- al. Cross-contamination potential with dental equipment. Lancet 1992;340:1252-54.
- Cross-infection risks associated with current procedures for using high-speed dental handpieces. J Clin Microbiol 1992;30:401-06.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms of dentists assessed by a multidisciplinary approach. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1991;19:38-44.